Delicious for 'wintery' days!
2 tbsp Onion, chopped
300ml Warm Water
1-2 tsp Vegetable Stock Powder (We use Ina Paarman)
Half a Ripe Tomato, chopped
Celery Sticks, chopped (optional)
Courgettes, cut in thin slices
Green Beans, cut in half
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Oregano
Salt & Pepper for seasoning
1. Splash a bit of SureSlim Cooking Oil / Extra Virgin Olive Oil into a heavy-based saucepan.
2. Saute the onion over a medium heat until soft.
3. Add the Paprika & Oregano. You can add more to if you prefer more flavour!
Allow the spices to cook for 2 minutes or so.
4. Add the chopped tomato and vegetable stock (300ml warm water & vegetable stock powder)
Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for approx. 5 minutes.
5. Add celery, beans, courgettes and bay leaf and cover with lid. Allow to simmer for 40 minutes.
6. Finally, add the cooked lentils 5 minutes before serving.
*Tip - add a crushed crackerbread over the top for some crunch!
All grammages as per your SureSlim Eating Plan.